Monday, November 7, 2011

Our First Day was a success!

We had a great first day of school today. We are waiting for our English curriculum to arrive in the mail but we were able to do other subjects today. Lucy and I are really enjoying this time together.
As I sit and reflect on career choices and decisions that I've made over the past couple years, I really see how God has orchestrated my decisions to get me where I am right now. He is awesome!
Last year I loved teaching second grade at a Christian school and I started working on my ACSI Christian teaching credential. (The teaching I did counted as my student teaching) At the end of the year there were changes with the school and we chose not to return this school year.
I pray that I will be able to follow God's will. I really felt that He was calling me to be an elementary school teacher. At the time, I really wondered if I didn't realize what God's will was. Now that I am teaching my daughter I understand how He was using me to be the best teacher that I can be for her.

1 comment: